This 38 gal rain barrel requires only a downspout or roof flashing for years of low-maintenance use. The rain cistern holds several days or weeks worth of water for gardens, washing cars, cleaning garden tools, or bathing dogs and cats. It is a little over 2 feet tall, and it can be mounted on cinderblocks or a ledge for higher water pressure.
The 38 Gallon Rain Saver is made in the USA, using polyethylene and recycled polyethylene (in the recycled black finish). It is lightweight and locally produced, both of which help reduce its carbon footprint.
- Lightweight – can be moved around by 1 person when empty
- Bottom heavy to prevent tipping
- The back of the barrel is flat, and hugs the side of the house without any room for weeds to grow
- Made from non-reactive plastic – will not rot, stain walls, or change color
- Inclined water intake – funnels water to the inlet and eliminates the need for diverters or intake pipes
- Leaf guard – made from durable plastic instead of easily broken mesh
- 3 water outlets – a brass faucet for filling a bucket, and 2 overflow outlets that can be connected to other rain barrels (or selectively plugged with the 1 included plug)
- Children and animal safe!
Ice expands, so a full rain barrel could crack if the drain plugs clog with ice. When there is a hard freeze in the winter, leaving the drain plug open on the rain barrel will protect it from cracking in most situations. For the best protection, rain barrels should be drained before night time temperatures dip below 35 degrees Fahrenheit.
You can have piece of mind that you're helping the environment by conserving water and giving your garden the best water it can get - water that is clean, fresh, and untreated.
Made In USA